I love perfectly fried eggs on the weekend for breakfast, but finding the perfect pan to fry them in has been a much more stressful task! Searching for the best frying pan Australia has online has not been easy – there’s just so many to choose from!
Whether you’re looking for the best egg frying pan, or for the best frying pan for steak, or for any other style of pan really, the choice of fry pans on the market with different features can be very overwhelming.
Having been through the process of comparing the best frying pans to buy myself this year, I decided to write about it. I’ll share the information I wish I’d had when I was searching for the best frying pan brand Australia has.
In this guide, I’ll share everything I have learned about what are the best frying pans, and how to choose the best one for your needs at home. I’ll cover which is the best frying pan material, my top 10 suggestions for the best frying pan to buy (with full reviews), including of course the best non stick frying pan Australia has.
Are you ready to learn how to go about finding the best frying pan in the world? Let’s get started!
- 1 Compare The Best Frying Pan Australia 2021
- 2 Top 10 Best Pan For Frying Australia 2021
- 3 How To Choose Which Frying Pan Is The Best For You
- 4 Best Frying Pans Reviews Australia 2021
- 4.1 Best Frying Pan Nonstick Australia Reviews
- 4.1.1 Le Creuset 3-Ply Stainless Steel Non-Stick Frying Pan Review
- 4.1.2 Anolon Authority Hard Anodised Open French Skillet Review
- 4.1.3 Tefal Ingenio Titanium Fusion Non-Stick Induction Frypan Review
- 4.1.4 Scanpan CTX Frying Pan Review
- 4.1.5 Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Frying Pan Review
- 4.2 Best Electric Frying Pan Australia Reviews
- 4.3 More Best Pans For Frying Reviews 2021
- 4.1 Best Frying Pan Nonstick Australia Reviews
Compare The Best Frying Pan Australia 2021
|Le Creuset 3-Ply Stainless Steel Non-Stick Frying Pan||Non Stick||8, 9.5 or 11 inches||5.0||Check|
|Anolon Authority Hard Anodised Open French Skillet||Non Stick||10 inches||4.0||Check|
|Tefal Ingenio Titanium Fusion Non-Stick Induction Frypan||Non Stick||8.5 and 11 inches||4.0||Check|
|Scanpan CTX Frying Pan||Non Stick||8, 9.5, 10.25, 11 or 12.75 inches||4.5||Check|
|Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Frying Pan||Non Stick||10 and 12 inches||4.5||Check|
|Breville BEF250GRY Banquet Frypan||Non Stick, Electric||15 inches||5.0||Check|
|Sunbeam SK4200P DuraCeramic Classic Skillet||Non Stick, Electric||10 inches||4.5||Check|
|Lodge 8 Inch Cast Iron Skillet||Cast Iron||10 sizes from 3.5 to 15 inches||4.5||Check|
|Scanpan Impact Chef Frying Pan||Stainless Steel||12.6 inches||5.0||Check|
|All-Clad Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Frying Pan||Stainless Steel||10 or 12 inches||4.5||Check|
Top 10 Best Pan For Frying Australia 2021
Handy reference list of the best frying pans on the market – see all full best frying pan reviews below!
- Le Creuset 3-Ply Stainless Steel Non-Stick Frying Pan, Non Stick
- Anolon Authority Hard Anodised Open French Skillet, Non Stick
- Tefal Ingenio Titanium Fusion Non-Stick Induction Frypan, Non Stick
- Scanpan CTX Frying Pan, Non Stick
- Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Frying Pan, Non Stick
- Breville BEF250GRY Banquet Frypan, Non Stick, Electric
- Sunbeam SK4200P DuraCeramic Classic Skillet, Non Stick, Electric
- Lodge 8 Inch Cast Iron Skillet, Cast Iron
- Scanpan Impact Chef Frying Pan, Stainless Steel
- All-Clad Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Frying Pan, Stainless Steel
How To Choose Which Frying Pan Is The Best For You
When looking for the best frying pan 2021 models, it’s important to first consider your needs for the pan, what you will be using it to cook most often, and what style of pan you prefer. In this section I’ll cover some of the essential criteria to think about.
Type And Material
One of the key differences that differentiate the best stir fry pan from another is the material they are made from, what they are coated with and what type of pan they are. In this section I’ll cover the pros and cons of different models such as the best non stick frying pans, the best cast iron frying pan, as well as the best frying pan stainless steel options.
Non Stick Frying Pans
When looking for the best frying pan, non stick is often the go to choice. Coated with Teflon or other non-stick coatings, they are an easy choice for minimum fuss cleaning up afterwards, and make frying food easy without it getting burned on. Here are some of the pros and cons of the best nonstick frying pan Australia has.
- Cheap and easy to find online or in stores, you’ll find the best nonstick frying pans available pretty much everywhere.
- Use less – or even no – oil for less fatty cooking, without your food sticking
- Some people are concerned about the safety of non-stick coating and if it’s bad for our health – the latest studies have shown that Teflon is safe to cook with, however some people still prefer to avoid it.
- Cheap non stick frying pans may lose their coating easily or may have inferior quality coating – they are best avoided. Check that coatings are free from PFOA’s (carcinogenic chemicals).
- Non Stick pans are light and heat up quickly for no-fuss frying.
Stainless Steel Frying Pans
When looking for the best type of frying pan, stainless steel is another popular choice. The best stainless steel frying pan is often more durable than a non-stick one, and can be seen as an investment into a high quality pan that will last. Here are some of the pros and cons to be aware of when considering best brand frying pan options with stainless steel.
- Check if the stainless steel pan you are looking at has a copper or aluminium core or bottom. If it does, these pans conduct heat well and can make a quick meal efficiently. However, pans without copper or aluminium do not conduct heat very well.
- These pans are non-reactive so perfect for people looking to avoid Teflon coatings and can be used to cook any kind of food. For an alternative to Teflon, search for the best ceramic frying pan which has a ceramic coating instead.
- They are dishwasher safe, making clean-up easier
- Even the best stainless frying pan is not non-stick, so there’s a learning curve to master proper temperature control and oil use to avoid food getting burned or stuck on.
- Although often more expensive than basic non-stick pans, stainless steel pans will last longer too, so can be worth the investment.
Cast Iron Frying Pans
Another popular type of best skillet pan that I include in my frying pan reviews are cast iron frying pans. If you’ve been wondering what is the best brand of frying pan, Le Creuset often comes up tops, and they (among other brands) are makers of cast iron frying pans that are built to last – literally – and get handed down from generation to generation. Here are some things to be aware of when comparing cast iron pans for frying.
- Cast iron is not very expensive but lasts a very long time. If you care for your cast iron skillet well, it will outlive you!
- Suitable for cooking most foods, but especially veggies and meat, great if you’re looking for the best pan for frying steak.
- Cast ironware conducts heat very well and is made in one piece – so the handle gets hot, watch out!
- Cast iron is naturally non-stick so there’s no need for chemical coatings
- Cast ironware is very heavy and can transfer iron to food which is generally not a problem, but if you have a health condition that is sensitive to iron, you may prefer other types of frying pan.
Size And Capacity
When looking at frying pan best options you’ll find that most of them are measured in diameter in centimeters or inches. Small frying pans are usually 8 inches with medium 10 inches and large 12 inches. There are also some extra large pans at 14 inch diameter. If you’re cooking for family at home, I find 12 inches is plenty to start with unless you are specifically looking for an extra large pan. If you’re just looking for a pan to fry a single egg at a time, then a small 8 inch pan is a good option.
Stovetop Or Electric?
While the majority of frying pans out there are for use on your gas or electric stovetop, when looking for the frying pan best options out there, you may also want to consider getting an electric frying pan. These are great if you’re short on stove-top space and want a pan you can use independently.
When considering what is the best frying pan for you, you’ll also want to consider the weight of the pan. Cast iron pans are the heaviest, followed by stainless steel and ceramic pans, with non-stick pans being lightest. Weight is an important factor to consider depending on who’s going to be using the pan – if it’s an older person then cast iron may not be a good idea. Weight is also often an indicator of the pan being good quality, as a thicker base will add weight (see below).
Another thing to look at when asking what are the best frying pans to buy is the thickness of the base of the frying pan. Generally speaking, the thicker the frying pan, the better quality it will be (but it will also be heavier) – a thicker base makes for more durability, less burning and overheating of your food.
Thickness of frying pans is measured either in mils, the higher the better, or are measured in gauge, which works in the opposite way. With gauge, the higher the number the thinner the pan, so a 10 gauge pan will be thicker than a 22 gauge.
Last but not least when researching what is the best frying to buy, take a few minutes to consider the handle construction on the frying pan. There are a few different things to look at here:
- Riveted or Rivetless – Check if your pan handle is riveted on – these handles are stronger and won’t need tightening, however to clean carefully around the rivets to avoid any buildup.
- Ergonomic – Makes the pan easier to hold, great if it’s a heavy pan
- Stay cool handles – important if you don’t want to have to use a glove when handling your pan.
- Helper handles or dual handles – very helpful if it’s a larger pan or a heavier pan that you’ll need to lift with two hands, or are cooking larger dishes such as stir-frys.
Other Great Features
When researching who makes the best frying pans and choosing the model for you, you’ll find that different brands and models come with multiple kinds of features. You definitely don’t need them all, but here are some things worth looking out for:
- Dishwasher safe (for easy cleaning)
- Ovenproof – perfect for dishes that need to be transferred from stovetop to oven
- Lid – great for stir-frys or meals that need to go in the oven too
- Ceramic coating – great if you want a natural non-stick coating and are looking for the best green frying pan
- Pouring spouts – help drain excess oil or pour any liquids from your pan without making a mess
Best Frying Pans Reviews Australia 2021
Best Frying Pan Nonstick Australia Reviews
First in my best non stick frying pan reviews is this Le Creuset toughened non-stick shallow frying pan.
Possibly the best known frying pan brand out there, famous for its cast-iron cookware, this product is actually an 11 inch (28cm) stainless steel frying pan, making Le Creuset quality accessible at a more affordable price point. It includes 3-ply PFOA free Teflon non-stick coating and comes with a helper handle and lid, making it perfect for family stir-frys.
If you’re looking for the best non stick frying pan 2021 has, this may just be it. Customers are super happy with this pan for the quality of its non-stick and quick heating. For best results, hand washing is recommended to preserve the non-stick coating.
If you’re asking what is the best non stick frying pan to buy, another possible answer is this high-quality open french skillet from Anolon.
With a 25cm diameter (9.8 inches) this is a good medium sized non-stick pan that has a triple layer PFOA free Teflon non-stick coating. It features a riveted stainless steel handle and is oven safe to 240 degrees celsius. The non stick coating is even metal utensil safe (perfect if you’re in search of the best pan for frying chicken or other meat and prefer to use metal utensils) and is great for those looking for a heavy duty frying pan.
Although Anolon says their non-stick coating is super strong, I still suggest that the best way to clean a nonstick frying pan is by hand washing it to preserve the non-stick.
For those looking for the best frying pans non stick at a lower price point, then this best Tefal frying pan set may be the answer.
Designed specifically for use on induction hobs, this 3 piece set includes two pans and a removable stay-cool handle that can be used for either pan (note that there’s only one handle for use between the two pans).
The two Tefal pans measure 8.5 and 11inches (21 and 28 cms) and feature Tefal metal implement proof non stick coating, thermo spot to indicate when the pans are ready to use, and stays oven safe for up to 1 hour at 175 degrees celsius.
If you’re looking for a set with a small non stick frying pan and a larger pan as well, this option from Tefal is inexpensive and a great place to start. Perfect if you’re looking for the best pan for eggs, bacon, or anything else, really!
Another of the best frying pans non stick on the market is this 11 inch (28cm) model from Danish cookware brand, Scanpan.
Made from stainless steel with a triple layer patented “Stratanium” non stick coating, this is a top quality pan that uses commercial grade non-stick to provide incredible browning – perfect as the best steak frying pan or for other foods. The coating is PFOA free and dishwasher and metal utensil safe. The pan is also oven safe up to 500 degrees fahrenheit (260C).
The pan is suitable for use on all types of stove top (including induction) and is a top quality product. The price tag is higher than some pans but if you’re looking for a durable pan that will last, this is a good non-stick pan to consider.
This 2 piece skillet set from Calphalon is made from a heavy gauge aluminium construction and includes one 10 inch and one 12 inch skillet.
Hard anodised with a 3-ply PFOA free non stick coating, this best 12 inch skillet and 10 inch skillet make a great starter set if you’re looking for some top quality pans. Both pans are dishwasher safe, but are not metal utensil safe – use wood, coated or nylon utensils with these pans.
Other features include stay-cool handles, and flat, wide bottoms for even heating – these pans are one of the best frying pan for glass cooktop options in these reviews.
Best of all, this twin frying pan set comes with a lifetime guarantee and is also oven safe.
Best Electric Frying Pan Australia Reviews
If you’re wondering what is the best electric frying pan, then you’ll definitely want to check out this large electric frying pan from Breville.
With a generous 38cm diameter, this 2200 watt electric frying pan is large and powerful enough for the whole family, and comes with pre-set keep warm, pan fry, saute and sear settings so that you can fry whatever you need to in here. It has been coated with a premium non-stick coating for no burnt on mess and easy cleaning, and there’s also a pan tilter to allow you to drain oil or fat from food.
Customers love this frying pan and it’s a great choice if you’re looking for one of the best large electric skillet options around.
Another of the best electric frying pans, this one is great if you’re after a slightly smaller electric frying pan that can multi-task and even be used as an oven, then this Sunbeam electric frying pan is well worth a look.
With a large, domed lid, this 25cm diameter frying pan is great for cooking at home for 1-2 people. Thanks to the lid style, it can even be turned into an oven and is great for roasting meat. Thanks to the curved design, it’s also one of the best frying pan for pancakes options we’ve found, as the shape of the skillet makes them super easy to flip.
This is another customer favourite with many very happy reviewers saying this is one frying pan that they could not be without in the kitchen – a good option to consider if you’re looking for a smaller best buy electric frypan.
More Best Pans For Frying Reviews 2021
There’s a reason people still buy cast iron pans, despite plenty of newer options being available on the market which are lighter and cost less – cast iron is hard to beat if you want a natural non-stick surface and something that’s going to last for ages.
Available in 10 different sizes, starting from 5 inches up to 15 inches in diameter, these cast iron skillets (some sizes come with a lid) are dishwasher safe as well as oven safe up to 260 degrees celsius. These pans are pre-seasoned for better non stick – no chemical treatments, just soy based vegetable oil, making it a great option if you’re looking for the best frying pans for health. As usual with cast iron, the more you use it, the better it will perform and the more it will retain its natural non stick.
The larger size pans all feature a second side ‘helper’ handle making it easier to handle the weight of the pan (good heat resistant gloves required), and best of all these pans are very competitively priced!
If you’re still looking for a good stainless steel frying pan option then this option from Scanpan is well worth a look as a superior product at a reasonable price.
With a 32cm diameter (13 inches), this stainless steel pan has a 6.4mm bonded base for optimum thickness and performance, and even heat retention on any worktop, including if you’re looking for the best frying pan for induction hobs. Two small stainless steel handles are attached with rivets for strength and the tempered glass lid makes for easy viewing. There’s also a drip-free pouring rim inside for easy removal of extra oil or liquids.
This pan gets great reviews for being easy to use and clean, even on a daily basis. With great value for money and a 10 year guarantee, this is another winning pan for use for family cooking.
Last but not least in my best frying pan reviews is this All-Clad stainless steel frying pan – another option if you’re looking for the best 12 frying pan (30cm), or it also comes in a 10 inch (28cm) diameter size.
Oven and broiler safe up to 280 degrees celsius, this pan is one of the best frying pan for eggs models as well as being great for searing meat or fish. It’s safe for use on all types of hob top, whether you choose to use it as the best frying pan for induction hob, or an electric, gas or glass topped stove.
The design features a flat bottom and flared sides to make flipping easy-peasy, and the stainless steel lid can be used to lock in moisture and heat after searing for quicker cooking.
I hope you find this guide to the best stand frying pan Australia 2021 helpful. Looking to buy an air fryer? Read our full buying guide and reviews of the best air fryer here. Find more home product guides here.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.